Sunday, March 13, 2005

'Target' Revelations

Who doesn't love the Target store chain!
Since we (Ale and I) are now real 'bottle' blondes (not that anyone could tell it's from a bottle..no:)), we of course needed lots of new hair products to maintain our fabulousness. So this morning we decided to go to our favorite place to shop...Target (now that's pronounced 'tar-zej', there is no 't'!). What a store. We went in there to look for hair stuff...2 hours later, we are in the book aisle having way too much fun for a department store. Everywhere you look, all the pretty colors and you just have to stop. Finally, we somehow pulled ourselves away from all the distractions to pay. As I'm paying my almost 100 dollar bill, I'm thinking to myself...being single really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong, I love living alone, doing what I want when I want it and dating whenever I want, somethings aren't so fun when you are single. For instance, when I was tied down (haha..pun intended!!!) with a bf...I wasn't this broke! It was great having a rich boy to basically pay for everything. I can't remember a time when I actually had to pull my credit card out when I had a boy toy. Now...as a beautiful single girl, that's all I do. My credit cards (mind you I have 6) are all maxed out. What's a girl to do when she sees the most amazing pair of jeans that ONLY cost 200 dollars, but fit like a glove and make you look like such a movie star. A girl just can't say no, it would be a crime to deprive the world of that. I just couldn't do that to you lovely people!!!
So anyway, moral of this story is that I have decided to get myself a boyfriend to save my financial future. It's the only way!!!

Now....I will be leaving tomorrow on my vacation (finally, I have waited long enough. My last vacation was 4 weeks ago...how do I survive!!) to PR. This is another one of my mini-vacations. Only 4 days, but that's really all I need. 4 wonderful days on the beach in San Juan, and 3 nights of partying it up with all the hot puerto ricans. Oh I just can't wait.
I will be reporting back to let you all know if blonde really do have more fun...though I'm pretty sure they do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oh my goodness! are your credit cards really maxed out? waw, i'm really glad I gave you back those $5 I owed you! And good jeans are simply a necessity!!!-- I'm sure it was just an oversight on Maslow's part when he forgot to include them in his Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid. (I'm such a smart blond!)

Sunday, March 13, 2005 12:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha ale!! you took it way back w/maslow! & i totally agree great jeans are worth it. How else are you supposed to show off all those long hours at the gym doing squat thrusts??? i must however file a complaint...now we all know that i love lists ESPECIALLY shopping lists. (i am woefully anticipating the 15th so that i can shop again...sadly enough i've had to limit my shopping to one or two exclusive items...oh how it hurts!) And here you tell of your fabulous Tar-zej sunday adventure (damn manhattan and it's unopened Target!) and make no mention of actual items purchased!! Are you deliberately trying to cause me pain?! Now the only way to rectify this situation is to immediately provide me with a detailed & bulleted itemized list of all products purchased and potential reasoning/use for each item as i have in the past. Now this may sound like a lot since it was a $200 spree. but i plead with you to remember that yes my name is dulce and yes i am addicted to shopping and lists and together they are a force too great for me! Please email me or post or call help!!

Monday, March 14, 2005 12:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home