Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Boomerang Generation

Yep, that's right, I have joined the ranks of the wonderful boomerang generation, for the second time!! Oh gosh.
I'm sure most of you know what that is. When a young (yes, I still consider myself young!) adult moves back to mommy and daddy regardless of the reason.
I returned the first time while I was still in college. I got tired of the party life, so as a senior, I moved home and got a job. That was over 5 years ago. Then 3 years ago I decided that I needed to take control of my life, so I bought a condo and moved out on my own. What a great life that was. So why you ask do I again live at home?!?! Great questions...I haven't completely figured it out myself yet either. But I sold my condo and moved back home with mom and dad. There are so many pluses:
-no mortgage payment
-someone else does my laundry
-dinner is no longer the old frozen pizza that's in my freezer
-my bank account has never seen so much money
-umm....yeah, that's about it

There are many minuses, as I'm sure you can imagine.
-my dad asked me last week when I was leaving the house, "Don't come home too late." I looked at him and said "What?" I guess he realized what he had done and said he was sorry, but still. I'm not 16 and living at home, I'm 27 and living at home. I can come and go as I please, but I will always get the "Where are you going and when will you be home" from my parents. It's annoying. But then I think about all the pluses and owell...that's life:(

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when it comes to parents, no matter how old you are, unfortunately they still think of you as a baby... no matter how hard they try not to :)

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 12:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left home at the age of 24 because I couldn't deal with the same thing you're talking about: Parental rules. The previous comment is right. You could be 58 and your parents will check you. If money is tight or taking care of your parents is priority, I understand. If not, I suggest you get back out there again and take the world by storm.

Friday, March 16, 2007 5:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, let's be frank; if you aren't able to pay for your own housing, then your dad has a point.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home