Friday, December 23, 2005

Ever want to just leave and start over

I've felt like that for the past couple of months. I was just sick and tired of the life I was leading and just want to start from scratch. Go somewhere where NO ONE KNOWS YOUR NAME! (Cheers reference in case you didn't catch it:)) Leave everything behind and start with a clean slate. That's what I've been craving for a while now. The scary part is that I am actually doing something about it. A few months ago I decided to sell my apartment. This was a huge step for me. I bought the place a couple of years ago and I loved it. It was my little corner of the world. But having that place made me feel stuck here. I couldn't really leave because I owned the place. I thought about renting it out but that wouldn't work. I couldn't have someone else living in my little corner of the world while I still owned it. And I pretty much worked to pay the mortgage on my place, mind you this is New York! So because I had a place, I had to keep a job that I really hate, and therefore i'm stuck here with no way out. But one day back in July, I decided to go for it, I put my place up for sale. I had one open house and multiple bidding going on. It was nuts, people are crazy, but I'll save that for another post! A week later i accepted an offer and that was it. Two months later, my little corner of the world was gone. It was a sad moment on one hand, but on another hand, i'm free. Free to leave this place and start completely over. There is no turning back now, and that scares me too. Now that I don't own anymore, I have to leave New York. I can't afford to live here, unless i'm living with my parents, and I can't do that for very long! I can no longer live in this great city, i'm now being forced out. Kind of like it's no longer my decision to make. Weird, isn't it. Be careful what you wish for...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home